How To Make Extra Money
Why do so many personal finance sites focus on spending LESS instead of making MORE? Sure, managing your spending is important, but too many people get tunnel vision on cutting costs.
Teaching you to be Rich means helping you to spend money on the things you love – whether it’s eating at your favorite restaurants, going on holiday or spending $21,000 a year on going out. I’ll show you 5 reasons why making extra money is better than frugality. And I’ll give you proven ways to make money – tactics, case studies and psychological techniques that hundreds of my students have used to make extra money, negotiate a higher salary or choose a new career.
I’ve written before about why you should focus on the Big Wins instead of trying to save money on $3 lattes. Earning more money is one of the Biggest Wins you can have — especially once you have a system for making money that is steady and increasing.
How To Make Extra Money: A 3-Step Guide
At the start of 2010, I ran a 3-week course to teach my readers how to make extra money on the side. We went through case studies, exercises, and specific email scripts to make more money. Since then, hundreds of my Earn 1K students have managed to really get into their customers’ heads, and gone on to land great clients. Clients who pay.
This guide to making extra money is designed to help you overcome your psychological barriers. Once you’re done, the bonus case studies and videos will really spike your income generation.
1. Why you need to make more money, and where to start
- Make more money in 2010
- The 3 easiest ways of making extra money (infographic)
- Case study: From $17/hour to $65/hour. How did she do it? (audio)
- 5 surprising insights on earning more money
2. The mental barriers stopping you from making money (CRUSH them!)
- Attention whiny complainers: Why you STILL aren’t saving money
- “But starting a freelance business is too risky!” and other reasons people don’t make extra money
- But I don’t want to take a SECOND full-time job to make a second income
- The psychology of making huge career jumps
- Psychological tactics to make more money (video)
3. How to get started making extra money – it’s all about the execution
- Want to earn more money? How to find your first 3 paying clients
- Earning more money: How to turn your skills into services that people will pay for
- Anatomy of a launch post-mortem: What went right, what went wrong
The ‘Masters of Earning More’ show you how to make extra money, step-by-step
- Masters of Earning More: How Freelance Writer April Dykman Quit Her Job and Doubled Her Income
- Masters of Earning More: How Web Developer Ciaran Lyons Crushed His Barriers
- Masters of Earning More: Why Designer Ben Bleikamp Still Freelances on the Side (with a Great Full Time Job)
- The Freelance Diaries: The laid-off marketing consultant whose income has skyrocketed
- Case study: How a venture capitalist started making extra money on the side (audio)
Bonus Video – How to Make More Money with the Briefcase Technique
If you want to learn more about making extra money, including materials, scripts, tactics, and techniques that you won’t see on the blog, join my private Earn1K insider’s list: