How to Negotiate
Fundamentally, there are two ways to have more money. You can either earn more money or cut costs. So negotiation skills are the most powerful tools in your toolbox, because they help you do both.
We’ll start with some easy ways to save money on bank and credit cards fees. All it takes is a phone call. Then I’ll teach you, in detail, how to negotiate on your car insurance, potentially worth thousands of dollars each year.
How to negotiate on bank and credit card fees
- Here’s how I negotiated out of bank fees
- Negotiating out of bank fees — part 2
- Get your credit card’s annual fee waived. Don’t pay an annual fee – call your credit card company and ask them to waive it.
Negotiating down your insurance and bills
- How to negotiate your car insurance down
- Tip #5: Optimize your cellphone bill. Like this tip? You’ll find a lot more money saving tips in my Save $1,000 in 30 Days challenge.
Salary negotiation – have more money by earning more money
- Negotiate like a pro — My friend Rachel made $1,000 an hour negotiating a new job
- How Todd made $13,000 in 5 months, doubled his salary, and turned down a $25,000 raise
- Negotiate Like an Indian: I taught my friend how to negotiate an $8,000 salary increase
- New York Times interview with me: Should you reveal your salary history?
Here’s a bonus for you guys. Real readers respond with how they have successfully applied my negotiating techniques to save on fees and bills. Read how Christopher goes one better, and negotiates his way to a raise.
- Stephen T. was scared of calling companies, calls them, negotiates fees successfully
- David negotiates away $200 of overdraft fees with one phone call
- Christopher P. reduces his cable fees and negotiates a big raise at work
Bonus negotiation videos
- How to negotiate your debt – get yourself out of credit card debt by negotiating with your bank.
- The Briefcase Technique — I’ve used this make thousands of dollars in contract and salary negotiation
Sign up for for my email newsletter to learn more about negotiation skills, earning more and a ton of cool stuff I never, ever mention on this blog.