The VP of Engineering should be extremely comfortable working with multiple systems, both first party and third party, and creating bridges and systems that communicate between all I Will Teach technology stacks. In addition to understanding systems and integration, the VP of Engineering will be responsible for designing and developing customer-facing front-end assets and pages, as well as developing marketing and analytic strategies to drive I Will Teach’s core KPIs. Finally, VP of Engineering will be responsible for on-going support of existing I Will Teach Systems, such as product delivery, webinar, automation and Zero To Launch platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze data to provide actionable recommendations of large-scale projects that affect the core KPIs at I Will Teach.
- Meet weekly with Ramit to review Department Strategies and Analytics and create actionable recommendations based on the data
- Assisting I Will Teach departments to be more efficient, and to solve any technical hurdles that present themselves during any new department initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain high-traffic systems such as the sales pages, webinar and IWTStudents platforms.
- Maintenance and update of content in various systems, from Products and Customer information in InfusionSoft to customer and reader-facing content in IWTStudents and WordPress.
- Provide continuing support to the Customer Service team, specifically providing user support for I Will Teach’s customers, and the maintenance of the IWTStudents platform and the Zero To Launch Accelerator Plugin.
Skills and Specifications
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PHP
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the CakePHP Framework
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress and WordPress Plugin development and maintenance
- Intermediate design skills
- Understanding of relational databases and optimizations for high-traffic sites
- In-depth knowledge of InfusionSoft, specifically including:
- Campaign building and structures
- Optin/Optout flows and user status management
- Legacy Action Sets
- InfusionSoft shopping cart, product delivery and notification integration
- InfusionSoft affiliate system and cookie tracking flow
- Advanced knowledge of the InfusionSoft API for lead management, purchases, refunds and affiliate referrals
- Strong grasp of Google Analytics and Universal Analytics
- Intermediate knowledge of front-end caching mechanisms such as Varnish, and how to overcome stringent caching systems with per-user dynamic sites.
- Must be comfortable developing both in-house platforms, customer-facing systems and customer-installed distributed software.
- Strong system design & development skills
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Programing, or any related field
- Knowledge of Basecamp or similar project management software
- Ability to work as part of a remote team
- Strong communication & presentation skills (verbal and written)
If you think you are the right person for this role please complete the following survey as your application https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S5LVNRY.
list View all Positions