WARNING: DO NOT just watch this, nod your head and go on with your life. These videos are short nuggets, but APPLYING them is infinitely more important. Take time to think about them, absorb them, look over the study questions, and think of just one way to apply them to your own situation.
This is just one of my Success Triggers.
I’ve systematically studied and tested 30 more.
- People love to complain about the economy, politics, negative people, etc.. By getting past this you will become more successful.
- Stop worrying about what you can’t control. Instead, focus on optimizing what you can. “They raised the taxes!” Oh yeah? Did you max out your 401K last year?
- Worrying is not really productive. Use the Worry Vault Technique to clear your mind and sleep better. (Note: It’s not “cool”, but it works.)
- Action Task:
- Step 1: Identify the three things you worry about that you actually have no control over.
- Step 2: Put them in the worry vault.
- What is something you have been worrying about lately? Imagine a friend came to you with this same problem. Keeping in mind today’s lesson, what would you tell him/her?
- Often our worries come from other people. (E.g., On a rainy day everyone complains about it, “too bad about this weather!” On payday our co-workers whine about taxes.) Are there certain environments where you are more susceptible to this? How could you minimize this influence?
- Is there something you have already optimized but still worry about? Try applying the Worry Vault Technique. What is one thing you could be focussing on instead? If you just got started would you worry less? (E.g., “My diet is actually pretty good, but when I go to bed I’m thinking about what I’m going to eat the next day. I’m going to put that on auto for now and start my workout plan. I know I’m embarrassed about not knowing how to use the equipment at the gym, so I’ll hire a personal trainer to walk me through it the first few times.”)