Olivia Fox Cabane is the author of The Charisma Myth and has been featured in The Economist, Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and more.
In this 15-minute clip we talk about why most social skills advice is garbage, and what actually works, including:
- 2:16 A common, habitual problem women tend to have that makes them seem overeager, insecure, and nervous (you could be doing this and not even know)
- 5:52 The “microexpressions” that betray you in just 17 milliseconds
- 7:00 Two easy ways to instantly become more present in conversations (even when you’re bored or tired)
- 8:15 Why you can’t completely control your body language — and what to do instead
- 12:40 The single biggest inhibitor to charisma and how to correct it
- 14:12 A secret about what it means 80% of the time when you see negativity on someone’s face
Do you know your actual earning potential?
Get started with the Earning Potential quiz. Get a custom report based on your unique strengths, and discover how to start making extra money — in as little as an hour.
Takes 3 min