This course on earning more has been a lot of fun. Instead of more useless tips on saving money on lattes and burritos, we’ve gone through case studies, exercises, and specific email scripts to earn more money on the side.
The important thing is to understand that it’s not simply a series of formulaic tactics to follow. To earn money, you have to get inside your customers’ heads and understand what they really want. For example, check out the comments on this post — you’ll see that some people can do this very well, while others cannot.
Here’s a recap of the material I covered.
Week 1: Mindset of earning more money
- Earn more money in 2010
- Attention whiny complainers: Why you STILL aren’t saving money
- The 3 easiest ways to earn more money
- Case study: How a venture capitalist started earning more money on the side
Week 2: Freelancing is the easiest way to earn more
- Week 2: Earning more money
- Earning more money: How to turn your skills into services that people will pay for
- But I don’t want to take a SECOND full-time job to earn money on the side
- The Freelance Diaries: The Caffeinated Project Manager
Week 3: Getting inside your customers’ minds
- Want to earn more money? How to find your first 3 paying clients
- Case study: From $17/hour to $65/hour. How did she do it?
- Psychological tactics to earn more (video)
Things will be quiet on the blog next week. I’ll be running a private email course, covering things like:
- Case study: How an iwillteach reader started earning $1,500/month in the last 2 weeks– including a $750 check *I* am writing him each month (includes email script)
- How one of my readers went from free to fee, convincing me to write him a $10,000+ check in one month (includes the presentation he used to convince me)
- Psychological barrier training
Do you know your actual earning potential?
Get started with the Earning Potential quiz. Get a custom report based on your unique strengths, and discover how to start making extra money — in as little as an hour.
Takes 3 min