“What should I do if I’m a job hopper?”
This is one of the top questions I received in over 30,000 data points I collected for the Find Your Dream Job course.
In fact, I got it so many times that I decided to put together a video answering it, plus:
- How top performers approach job hopping
- What hiring managers think about job hoppers
- How long you should stay at a job
Notes from the video:
- No, employers don’t like job hoppers. But that’s only part of the story.
- Top performers are VERY comfortable moving from one job to another every 2-3 years.
- Positioning matters: For example, if you’ve stayed at a company for 5 years, that can actually look bad…and if you’ve only stayed at a company for a year, that can also look bad.
- Yet you can use sophisticated positioning — which is completely ethical and accurate — to actually show why staying at a company for 1 year, or 5 years, was a terrific decision. Your answer can actually strengthen your position as a candidate
- So if you have gaps in your job history…or you’ve hit a dead-end and want to switch your career…or if you aren’t sure what your passion is and you’ve jumped around…watch this.
Do you know your actual earning potential?
Get started with the Earning Potential quiz. Get a custom report based on your unique strengths, and discover how to start making extra money — in as little as an hour.
Takes 3 min