- "So entering into this [job search] process at the beginning of senior year, I was pretty terrified…"
- "I'm making 4x what I was making just two years ago. Four dollars for every one dollar I was making before…"
- "I was just setting myself up for the lowest salary the hiring manager could get away with."
- "I haven't looked in 7 years. It has totally changed. Everything is online now."
- "I am graduating in 4 months. What am I going to do? Do I have a guide for the job hunt? Am I just going to wing it?"
- "Every part of the system played a role. In everything from landing an interview, to blowing the interview out of the water, to negotiating my salary."
- "I met at least 10 mentors that I still keep in contact with, and have been really valuable in guiding me through my career decisions and just decisions in life."
- "I wanted to make sure I did it the right way. And that I was able to accept the position that I deserved, in the industry that I actually wanted to be in."
- "For the first time I am able to be proactive and systematic in searching for a job I love at a company I am proud to work for."
- "I'm a very busy person - I didn't have time to write my own scripts to get in front of the right people."
- "I went from making around $60,000 a year including my bonus, to making $85,000 to $90,000 a year with my bonus. Huge difference, same job."
- "What Ramit said that changed my life was that you don't delegate your future to someone else. And that's what I was doing, I was delegating my career to my company."
- "There are so many more things a person can do to help them get the job that they want."
- "[Dream Job] helped me realize what I want to do with the next point in my career. On top of that, how I was supposed to get there."
- "I beat out a pool of 12... and that was simply by not being over the top awesome, but just being slightly better and slightly more personable "
- "I stumbled across the Dream Job program and I signed up. It absolutely, positively blew my mind."
- "I was unable to find a decent job after the economy tanked."
- "I felt lucky to have a steady job at all"
- "By spring, I should have 2 of my fiscal year goals achieved"
- "I negotiated a 35% increase in base salary (from $91K to $125K)!"
- "My last day at my old job is tomorrow and I begin my DREAM JOB on Tuesday."
- "Who says your Dream Job course is only for new graduates?"
- "If you apply just 60% of the DJ material correctly, you will get amazing results"
- "I had bad interviews, a bad resume, no effective networking skills."
- "I was able to negotiate a much lighter workload doing high value work"
- "I was 0/9 on final interviews... I'm now sitting on two fantastic offers which I negotiated"
- "Two job offers paying $38K and $45K ABOVE what I made at the beginning of the year"
- "My name is Christine and you helped me find my Dream Job."
So entering into this [job search] process at the beginning of senior year, I was pretty terrified…
"I was very passive in the recruiting process... I'd apply to one job and then I'd wait awhile before applying to another. I didn't have a lot of jobs or interviews waiting to back me up.
Before, I'd send a follow up email once and that was it. [Ramit] really taught me the value of continuing that contact and making sure the warm contacts don't get cold.
It wasn't necessarily a concern I should have had at that point. So once I got over my fear of LinkedIn, I was able to turn that into a tool that will help me so much in my job search. Ramit really helped me to take down those barriers and discover what was at the root of the problem.
I felt... pretty scared about the job market and my prospects for getting a job really. I'd heard all these horror stories about people that are very qualified. People who have years and years of experience. People who have families and can't get jobs, and people in my year that can't get jobs.
A lot of people, including myself, like to really blame it on fate, blame it on outside forces, and say 'the economy is tough, I can't get a job.' But what Ramit taught me is really there is so much you can control - by taking the initiative and doing a lot of work behind the scenes. It may not be pretty work. It may be kind of boring work. But it's that work that is going to help you and is going to make you a good prospect for whatever job you are interested in applying for."