How To Find Your Dream Job
I want to tell you how truly bad most career advice is.
Much of the advice in the career world is these old people who’ve really never had a good job, and they’re telling people like the same old information like, “Make sure your resume fits on one page.” Or “Just make sure you’re on social media because that’ll get you a job.”
Don’t believe me? Check out 5 examples of the WORST career advice in the world!
Anyway, I was tired of seeing the same old terrible career advice. I’d already helped a bunch of friends with interviewing and getting jobs at the world’s top companies – companies like Google, Facebook, Goldman Sachs – and I wanted to create a seriously comprehensive system to answer ALL your questions. Questions that a top performer would ask, like:
- What is my Dream Job?
- How does that relate to my passion?
- Where are the broken “links in my job search chain” and where should I be spending time? Improving my resume? Interviewing skills? Negotiation? What??
- What are the things I do NOT need to do?
The 3-Week ‘Find Your Dream Job’ Boot Camp
I invested over $250,000 into my material, with countless staff members, to create the single-most comprehensive course on finding your Dream Job ever created. When I launched Dream Job Elite – my premium 1-on-1 coaching class – it was very expensive, and yet sold out immediately.
So I created a 3-week ‘Find Your Dream Job’ Boot Camp that is completely FREE. Use my material to get results like tens of thousands of others have. All I ask is that you take ACTION and not passively consume it.
In my 3-Week Dream Job Boot Camp, I’ll teach you the following:
Week 1: Decommoditizing Yourself. I’ll teach you how to stand out from other applicants using the very words in your email, the phrases you say in in-person meetings, and even the psychological techniques you use when scoping out WHO to meet. You’ll learn how to tackle the psychological barriers you have, that you didn’t even KNOW you had.
Week 2: Networking. “It’s not WHAT you know, it’s WHO you know.” Total nonsense. I’ll teach you the theory and the exact scripts you can use to build an incredible network, with people that actually WANT TO HELP YOU. I’m so comfortable with my ‘natural networking’ techniques that I’m simply going to give them to you, straight up.
Week 3: Interviewing and Negotiation. Watch me interview real students on video and take them from being 7s to 9.5s in a matter of minutes. Watch the techniques of interview masters and learn how they approach any situation at the highest levels. You’ll learn how you can create a “mental toolbox” to store these techniques when you walk into an interview or negotiation.
You’re going to love it. Let’s get started…
- Introducing the 3-Week ‘Find Your Dream Job’ Boot Camp. More about the Dream Job Boot Camp, plus how I was delighted to spend thousands of dollars on clothes I had no intention of buying.
- The Principle of Decommoditization: How to stand out to hiring managers. Three simple steps that automatically float you to the top of any hiring manager’s pile.
- Losers love tactics. Smart people love SYSTEMS.
- How to use Natural Networking to connect with anyone — including the exact email scripts. If you think networking is sleazy or scammy, it’s cause you’re doing it wrong, or worse – you’re pre-emptively shooting it down out of fear.
- What the pros know about networking that you don’t. What are the common Invisible Scripts in networking, which do you suffer from and how can you SMASH them?
- What do I think of information addicts? Anyone can give away information. But taking action is far more powerful than passive consumption.
‘Find Your Dream Job’ Boot Camp – The Videos
I recorded more than 100+ hours of video for my Dream Job course – interviews, negotiation techniques and specific scripts. But before you focus on tactics, it’s important to understand the fundamentals – what’s holding you back, how you can be aware of the game being played around you, and how you can stand out from other applicants – in a crowded market and a bad economy. I address all these points and more in my free Dream Job Boot Camp videos.
“I really need to figure it out” – one of the most crippling beliefs keeping people from landing their Dream Job.
Learn how top performers use competence triggers communicate their worth to hiring managers… and how you can do it, too.
What’s the game being played around you? Learn how top performers approach the job search differently than average performers… and find their Dream Jobs, get raises and multiple job offers even in bad economies.
Don’t let people convince you you should be lucky to have any job in a bad economy. Learn how you can find your Dream Job – no matter how screwed up the economy is.
What’s the difference between ‘tactics’ and ‘strategy’? It’s of fundamental importance to your job search – so focus on getting the foundations right, and supercharge your way to your Dream Job.
Improve Your Social Skills and Build Your Network Naturally
So you want to learn how to get a better job where your boss actually recognizes that you bust your ass? One where you get paid what you deserve? I can help with that.
You want to know how people just like you made subtle changes to earn more, travel, and even become more socially fluent? I’ll show you how to do that.
You want to know the exact words to say to someone you don’t know to build rapport? Perfect, because that’s where we’re starting with this mini-series of posts.
Once you’re done, you’ll be able to talk to anyone – including the interviewers between you and your Dream Job – and put yourself out there in the best positive light.
- I deleted a 2,000 word mega-post to write this instead. The psychological and tactical ways to improve our social skills, starting with 5 easy, proven lines you can use to start up conversations with anyone.
- Instant irresistibility: The 7 keys to advanced social skills. A 30-minute crash course on improving your social skills. The video includes easy scripts for starting a conversation, keeping it going, and politely ending conversations (even with ramblers), plus the powerful concept of the Story Toolbox.
- Ramit’s definitive guide to building your network (with scripts). Introducing the “Closing the Loop” technique, a powerful way to turn a one-time meeting into a long-term relationship. Get the exact script to use and see the results from 100 of my readers.
- Watch me “tear down” students’ social skills. Bad social habits like talking too fast, rambling, being shy, or using an upturned tone at the end of your sentences aren’t mere social “quirks.” These can become serious flaws that hold you back from finding your Dream Job — and can be the difference between someone who goes to their dreary 9-5 job or someone living a Rich Life.
The 80/20 Guide to Finding your Dream Job
You still want more? Remember, the deal is you take ACTION – no passive consumption!
Okay then, check out this presentation I put together called the “80/20 Guide to Finding a Job You Love.” Instead of writing some insipid “Top 10″ blog post, I created a 46-minute video that shows you:
- Where most of us waste our time on the job search
- The psychology of why we spend time on pointless job-hunt tasks
- Invisible Scripts that affect our behavior… without us even knowing
- The 3 most effective job hunting activities that will get 80% of the results in 20% of the time (and that most people don’t do at all).
Watch this, apply the strategies and get on your way to finding your Dream Job: