Welcome new readers from Yahoo and Bankrate.com
9 Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
If you’re visiting from today’s Yahoo Finance article on 8 Rules to Break To Build Wealth, welcome.
I’m a recent Stanford grad and this is a blog on personal finance and personal entrepreneurship for college students, recent college grads, and everyone else. (Featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Boston Globe, US News & World Report Online, etc.)
This blog is me ranting about a few things and trying to get the points across. Getting started is more important than being the smartest person in the room. Making mistakes is ok. Action is more important than reading 50 blogs. Ordinary actions get ordinary results. And there’s a difference between being sexy and being Rich.
3 simple ways to get started managing your money
- Learn what to do from someone who had $1,300 in overdraft fees
- Here’s how I set up my financial accounts
- Cook at home, you lazy bastard
Be realistic about getting rich
- Conscious Spending: How My Friend Spends $21,000/year Going Out
- The $28,000 Question: Why Are We All Hypocrites About Weddings?
- Cost vs. value: Why used cars aren’t always the right choice (and why I bought a new car)
Avoid the financial pundits
- Bad advice: “Don’t invest; you can’t beat the pros”
- Chicken Little and Kooks Who Don’t Know What They’re Talking About
- The drop-dead easy math behind why starting today is more important than any other factor
- The World’s Easiest Guide to Setting Up a Retirement Account
- Set smaller goals: impress friends, get girls, lose weight
- Barriers are your enemy
- The Myth of the Great Idea
Full list of articles
The I Will Teach You To Be Rich Table of contents (hundreds of articles)
How to subscribe
And you can always email me. Thanks for reading.
Everyone deserves to live a Rich Life. To have the freedom, flexibility, and financial resources they need to do work ...Read More
Depending on how your interview went, you could be one follow-up email away from landing your dream job. But what ...Read More