WTF happened last night? Oh yea, my server got CRUSHED
30 Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
Listen, if you tried to access my webcast last night, you probably didn’t get in, and I am REALLY sorry.
I have literally never seen as much traffic as last night — not even when I was on the FRONT PAGE OF YAHOO.COM.
- At 6:50pm, I logged onto my webcam and finalized everything
- At 6:55pm, I logged into my blog to add a link to the webcast URL. By this point, my server had slowed to a crawl
- At 6:56pm, over 1 person/second was trying to access iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog
- At 7:01pm, we had my webhost on the phone attempting to resolve the issue
- It took until 7:21pm to completely fix the server problems, leaving me fuming and frustrated
If you’re interested, I recorded a video with more details of what happened.
When I first noticed the problem:
Couldn’t wait any longer…so I went live with what I had:
All right, so obviously this really sucked. Thousands and thousands of you were left out in the cold, and I feel terrible.
- I’m getting someone to help out on the server side so this never happens again. Stay tuned
- I’ll do the webcast again as soon as that’s set up
- I wanted to tell you more about the Boot Camp (registration is closing today), but just know that whether you go with my program or something else, make a plan to automate your finances before the end of the year. There’s nothing like starting the year off fresh.
Rejection sucks. It feels lousy to put yourself out there just to be crushed. When I was in college, I ...Read More