Behind the scenes: I was on the Today Show last week
28 Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
I flew to New York last week to appear on the Today Show. Here’s the clip:
Interesting things to note:
- Green rooms are the best places to meet people. I walked in and Maya Angelou was sitting there. In hair/makeup, Marissa Mayer and a bunch of other interesting people were there
- You enter NBC through a totally unmarked door, not the conspicuous 30 Rockefeller entrance you’d think
- They steam your shirt/coat, do your hair/makeup, and have lots of food available to eat before going on air. But nobody eats anything
- Camera operators came into our studio literally 15 seconds before going to air. It’s that close to the wire.
- Notice how Meredith asks me about “safe” investments, when young people should really be seeking out aggressive investments due to our age. Remember, it’s just as risky to run out of money as to lose it in a market crash.
- The producer spent at least 5 hours coordinating this 5-minute segment. Imagine how much time it takes to create each show, every day
- There are enormous time constraints to get your point across, so you have to have a crystal-clear message.
Invite me to speak at your organization.
I’m proud of the work all of you did last week. In this email, I’m going to award $...Read More