One of the things I love to do is show you what’s going on “behind the curtain” — the truth that nobody will tell you.
In the past, we’ve covered “unspeakable truths” with money, dating, business, and careers.
For example, how many of us have heard our boss say, “Sorry, times are tough right now, so this year I can’t give you a raise?”
Do you know what’s really happening in the back room?
While that same manager is telling his employees there’s “no money,” he’s taking his actual budget, doling out pitiful 3% cost-of-living increases to most of the team like Scrooge McDuck…and then taking the lion’s share and giving it to ONE or TWO top performers who get giant, colossal raises.
I’m talking about $10,000…$25,000…$40,000 raises.
Don’t be this guy
Nobody will tell you this. Career “experts” will tell you to be lucky you have a job (funny, ever notice they’ve never gotten a top-tier job? Maybe they don’t understand how the game really works…). Other employees will just wring their hands and say, “Gee, I hope I can get a raise next year.” And behind the scenes, top performers are getting massive raises, more responsibility, and flexible schedules.
This is totally different than what most people talk about.
The OLD 9-5 was about security. You study hard, take the job you get, and praise the lord that you found a job to provide for your family.
Your parents (and mine) grew up in that system. That’s why they don’t understand when people say, “This job isn’t rewarding.”
The NEW 9-5 is about wanting to do something…
- CHALLENGING: I want to do something that pushes me, not calculate Excel numbers for the next 40 years
- FLEXIBLE: I want the flexibility to work from home without feeling guilty. Or to work early in the morning if I want to take off early. If I’m getting my job done, why not?
- REWARDING: I expect to work hard, but if I do an extraordinary job, I expect to be compensated
We don’t have to settle for a mind-numbing job where we count down the hours until we get to leave…then come back tomorrow and do it again.
Another unspeakable truth: These companies are desperate to find the right people, and they’ll pay with money, perks, and unbelievable freedom.
For example, 100% of my team is remote. They can work from anywhere. They can go to yoga in the middle of the day, or pick their kids up from school. One of them took her family and moved to Paris for a year with my full support
(By the way, I’d do anything to find the right people for my company.)
This is TOTALLY different than what people think of when it comes to jobs:
- “Ho hum, I hate my job, the only way to be successful is to start a business” (not true)
- “I don’t have the right degree/experience to get a really good job” (ignorant)
- “If I just stay here and do a good job, my boss will recognize me” (delusional)
I’m telling you this because I’ve been on both sides of the hiring table: As an applicant and as someone who’s hired dozens and dozens of people.
I’m also telling you this because 97% of us have a job, and it’s one of the most powerful areas to focus on to live a Rich Life. Just think about it — you spend 8 hours a day at your job. Shouldn’t it be helping you grow instead of something you sigh about?
Since 2015 is the year of MORE, I’m going to show you how to use your career to do it:
More freedom. More fun. More responsibility and challenges. And yes, more money.
Doesn’t matter if you’ve been a job hopper, or you don’t have the “right” experience, or you don’t even know what your Dream Job is! I can help.
This week, I’m going show you exactly how to discover what your Dream Job is — and then how to get it.
Click below, because on Monday March 23, I’m holding a one-night only, live presentation:
Beyond 9-5: How to Build a Career You Love
This presentation won’t be recorded. You have to be there to learn:
- How to find your Dream Job — even if it’s in a different industry or different state
- How to craft the perfect resume (including how I did it to get jobs at Google, Intuit, and a multi-billion-dollar hedge fund)
- A word-for-word script to negotiate salary and any perk you can imagine (you can use this today at your current job — even if your boss has objections like “it’s not in the budget” or “we don’t do that here”)
P.S. Speaking of hiring, we’re hiring for a critical role on the IWT Leadership Team: The Director of Online Acquisition and Growth. If you know CPA, LTV, B2C, and A/B testing, we’d like to talk. Competitive pay, 100% remote, and work with the best in the world on helping millions to lead a Rich Life. Please apply here.