Students: Win $1,000 for your social entrepreneurship idea
8 Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
My friend Mike Del Ponte started Conscious Lifestyle, “a nonprofit organization that helps people become socially conscious consumers.” (I’m an advisor to the organization.) Now, Conscious Lifestyle is offering ten $1,000 grants to any student with a socially innovative idea.
If you’re like me, there’s a gleam in your eye since “socially innovative” is really, really broad. That means you should apply — take your plan, write it up, and submit your application.
Here are the details:
Conscious consumerism is a growing trend that allows people like you to vote for the environment and human rights every time you open you wallet. But we need you to spread the movement! That’s why Conscious Lifestyle is offering up to $1,000 to high school and college students with socially innovative ideas.
Conscious Lifestyle is a nonprofit organization that helps people become socially conscious consumers. We educate people through our student chapters and our website (consciouslifestyle.org). We are looking for social innovators who will educate students about the importance of conscious consumerism and make their schools more socially responsible institutions. For example, you can:
- Start a film series and show movies like An Inconvenient Truth, Who Killed the Electric Car?, The Future of Food, etc.
- Lead trips to local green businesses and organic farms to learn about innovative practices in your community and conscious companies to support.
- Publish as buyer’s guide that students can carry with them when they go shopping that includes the best stores support and products to buy.
- Organize an art exhibit that demonstrates how workers and the environment can be uplifted or exploited in our globalized world.
- Lead a campaign to get organic food in your dining halls or sweatshop-free clothing in your bookstore.
10 Social Innovators will be selected to lead Conscious Lifestyle ventures and receive up to $1,000 in funding, a web page, t-shirts, business cards, personalized support, and everything else you need to make your venture a success.
To apply, visit the Conscious Lifestyle application. And tell your friends!
This month kicked off an entirely new era for IWT (more info below) and lots of cool things you won't ...Read More
Do you know what’s better than memorizing a long list of interview questions you might be asked? Answer: Learning ...Read More