New ebook: Recession-Proof Your Career
102 Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
Today, I’m thrilled to unveil a free 30-page ebook for anyone who wants to recession-proof their career.
If you’re a recent college graduate, you’re probably struggling with finding a decent job in this down economy. In fact, it’s tough for anyone right now. Just like with personal finance, most of us will shrug our shoulders, accept the circumstances, and assume there’s nothing we can do but wait out the storm (and complain about taxes).
Stop complaining and start dominating
The reality is that it’s actually possible to improve your personal situation and get the job of your dreams, within a year of college. My friend Charlie Hoehn was able to do exactly that, and I asked him to write an ebook on how he did it. I’m putting it up here for you because it’s one of the better things you can read during this recession.
The ebook contains the techniques he used to guarantee himself any kind of work he wants over the next decade — pretty cool since he’s continuing to work with me on several new projects. And as an added bonus, I’ve included a short video of Tim Ferriss and me discussing how Charlie approached us, and why his technique was especially effective.
How Charlie made the approach
Rewind to about a year ago, when I got an email from somebody named Charlie Hoehn. He’d recently graduated from college and wanted my help to work with Tim Ferriss. He mentioned that he had some feedback for “I Will Teach You To Be Rich,” and in a followup email, he sent me several details. It ended like this:
How I can help you: The answer to this is something I’ve struggled to come up with for both you and Tim Ferriss….shooting/editing video, and creating niche social networks…
Only a few months later, I left this LinkedIn testimonial for Charlie:
“Charlie is one of the most talented marketers and entrepreneurs I’ve ever worked with. First, some of the results he helped drive:
* He was one of the chief strategists to make my book, I Will Teach You To Be Rich, a New York Times bestseller, Wall Street Journal bestseller, and #1 Amazon bestseller
* Wrote scripts, filmed, and edited comedy videos that were collectively seen over 80,000 times
* Managed a team that created several new innovative strategies for book marketing
More importantly, Charlie understands the importance of blending strategy with rapid tactics. I feel comfortable calling him, giving him a high-level idea, and asking him to come back to me in 48 hours with a proposal for how to implement it. In fact, after working together, he now suggests ideas to me, then implements them completely on his own. He’s resourceful (he’ll take a high-level idea and flesh out every detail/resource needed to dominate it), detail-oriented (he edited our videos even further when I thought they were good enough), and versatile enough to create marketing strategies and write comedy videos. A true gem. I highly recommend him.”
As iwillteachyoutoberich readers, I thought you’d enjoy this because it’s a fresh spin on the popular drivel of “find your passion and the money will come.” WTF does that mean? Where should you start?
What you’ll find in the 30-page ebook
- Why CareerBuilder and Monster are useless during a job hunt (page 8 )
- The most painless method for getting a job right out of college (page 9)
- The best graduate school you can attend… free (page 11)
- Specific email script to reel employers who “aren’t hiring” (pages 13 and 27)
- Using specific skills to earn more…which seems obvious, yet most people never do this (page 19)
- How to fix the mistake that affects many college graduates in their job search (page 21)
Enter your email below to get:
- A downloadable copy of this ebook (completely un-DRM’d — sent immediately)
- Continuing interviews with successful entrepreneurs who are working their dream job.
- Case studies of people in their early 20’s who have accomplished, in just a few years, what most people accomplish in 10.
- Specific tactics and scripts to implement the principles in the ebook
How would you plan your day if you had the flexibility of working from home? Working from home lets my ...Read More