Meet my mentor, Jay Abraham (plus, a new video)
No Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
If you’ve read my work, you’ve noticed me mention a mysterious team that helps create all the insights, videos, and strategies and tactics you learn. I’ve also mentioned some of my advisors and mentors.
But I rarely introduce you to them by name.
Today, I want to introduce you to one of my most influential mentors: Jay Abraham. His insights have changed my life. If you’ve ever wondered who I study and learn from, here’s your answer:
- His book made me over $100,000 in one month
- He helped double my business in one year
- I applied his advice to my personal life and had amazing experiences in just a few months
Having dinner with my mentor, Jay Abraham.
Click to watch an excerpt of my session with Jay.
Years ago, after I bought his book, Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got, I heard he was launching a program for small-business owners, so I applied to be in it. He checked my references, read my application, and eventually I got accepted. It was a ~$25,000 program — plus I had to fly from NYC to LA every month for 15 months just to get 45 minutes of his time.
And I would do it again for 10x the price.
Have you ever joined something (or even bought something) that was so good, price became a mere triviality? Maybe you joined a dodgeball club where you made 5 new friends…or moved to an apartment where you wake up every morning and love where you live…or even bought an amazing leather coat that fits you like a glove.
That’s when you realize that for the right experience, money doesn’t matter.
Think about our lives: It’s so rare that we get the chance to surround ourselves with someone who can make such a big impact. When was the last time someone gave you advice that actually changed your life (and will keep impacting you for the next 40 years?)
Now you see why I would have paid anything.
Along with 20 other small-business owners, we joined Jay once a month for 15 months. And I got the chance to learn why people flew from around the world to find a community of other people who want to improve themselves.
I think every one of us feels stagnant in a certain part of life. It could be your fitness, or your clothes, or your finances or job. Whatever it is, if we could find a group of people who have EXACTLY the same goals, can hold us accountable, and will challenge us to do more…we’d join it in a heartbeat.
And unlike a lot of people who patronize young people, I know that we’re WILLING to put in the time and work twice as hard as other people. We just want to know that it will pay off.
So what do you do when you have the ambition and the drive and you want MORE (not to listen to horrible advice about cutting back on every joy in life and waiting until you’re 65 to take a vacation)?
Answer: You find someone who’s done it and learn from them by scraping every piece of meat off the bone that they have to offer.
So how did I double my business? I learned many valuable strategies and tactics from Jay, but the most important things weren’t “secrets.” Instead, the real keys to growth that Jay opened up for me were:
- Having a friendly but firm leader who was there to support me — but call me out when I wasn’t living up to my own standards. (When was the last time you had someone like this for you?)
- A supportive community. (How many of us have friends who challenge us to be better?)
- Being held accountable. (Each month, I’d have to report what I committed to the previous month, what I accomplished, and sometimes explain why I DIDN’T do what I said I would do — in front of everyone.)
This experience was so transformative that I used these building blocks to create a similar opportunity for IWT students — “Ramit’s Brain Trust.” This program brings together 2,000+ IWT’s top students to discuss self-development, hold each other accountable, and even organize dozens of in-person meetups around the world every single month.
Plus, I invite a special guest to the group each month to share their wisdom and experience.
So, I’m honored to welcome Jay Abraham as this month’s Brain Trust guest.
And I’ve put together a very special excerpt of my interview with Jay. In the full interview, you’ll learn:
- Powerful strategies to grow your business or get promoted faster than you thought possible (this is how I doubled my business in a year)
- Why people are begging to be led — and how you can be their leader
- The exact words to use so your coworkers, friends, and family stop taking you for granted — and deeply appreciate your special talents
And much, much more.
I think you’ll be blown away by the insights just in this short excerpt from my session with Jay Abraham.
POP QUIZ: Let’s say I asked you which of these you could change about yourself: Your taste in food (...Read More
...THEY NEVER MEAN IT! How many friends do you know who said, “Let’s make a promise: If either of ...Read More