Live seminar — 3 psychological traps to starting a business
No Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
Let’s play a game. If I asked 100 people these questions, guess how they’d answer:
QUESTION 1: “Would you want to earn more money?”
(What % of people would answer yes?)
QUESTION 2: “Would you ever want to start a business?”
(What % would say yes?)
I bet 100% of people would want to earn more money, and a smaller number — but still significant, like maybe 85% — would say they want to start a side business.
And we REALLY do! The ability to earn more is magical — if you put in an extra 10 hours/week at work, you might get a promotion…but if you put in a focused 10 hours at your business, you could earn thousands and thousands more every month.
It would be easy to point at people who “claim” they want a business, yet never start one, and just make fun of them. Listen, I like making fun of people as much as anyone, but over time, I’ve developed a soft spot.
You know how most people are born with empathy and love in their hearts? I got there too, it just took me about 30 years longer than everyone else.
So I don’t think it’s “lazy” not to start a business. I think there are barriers holding us back — and if we’re courageous and smart enough to acknowledge them, then overcome them, we can see the extraordinary rewards for our work.
What I DON’T want to see is IWT readers spending months, sometimes years, thinking about it and researching it — but taking no action. I understand “analysis paralysis” and I want to help you get over this crippling affliction.
- I used to have analysis paralysis. I would deliberate over every decision…weighing what could go wrong, what could go right, wondering if I was good enough to do X, or did I need help with Y? And it was just overwhelming.
- I know how easy it is to get discouraged — again, because I’ve had this happen MANY times. With working out. With being the only guy to fail my AP math test in high school. With getting rejected from job interview after job interview. The good news is, I learned the patterns of failure and what to avoid, just as I learned the patterns that successful people have.
But it’s not your fault. This isn’t about intelligence, time, or “working harder.” If you’re beating yourself up for being lazy, STOP.
The truth is, even the smartest, most dedicated people — including my elite entrepreneur friends, and my friends from Stanford — are susceptible to “psychological traps.”
Ironically, the smarter you are, the more crippling they can often be! (“I’m smart, I’m logical, I’ve gotten this far, so I should really be able to work through this.)
I’m hosting a special hour to cover these psychological traps that hold us back from starting a business — and how to overcome them. You’ll even learn how to shine a light on your blind spots, the barriers you may not even recognize you have.
This Monday (September 23rd), learn how to overcome the 3 psychological traps preventing you from starting a profitable side business.
- The interesting, often illogical concerns we have about starting a profitable side business (btw, they may be illogical, but to us, they’re real)
- 3 common — yet bad — strategies most people take when they try to earn more (which I will not allow you to make)
- A better approach: 3 proven strategies for going from no idea to creating a reliable second income stream
This event is free, but you do have to register to receive your private invitation:
- When: Monday 9/23 at 9:00pm EDT (see time zone)
- Where: Click here to register: http://live.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/
Sorry, this will not be recorded. One night only.
I hope to see you on Monday night.
Tonight, I’m giving a live presentation on finding your Dream Job. I noticed you haven’t signed up yet, ...Read More