So…this just happened:
Of course, as soon as I posted that, people on Twitter and Facebook started asking, “What’s the test? When are you going to share it??”[tweet https://twitter.com/ramit/status/245336461216456704]
You people are insane if you expect me to reveal that.
Today, I will share some of my other favorite tests. In fact, the ones I’m going to share with you are a LOT more interesting than a 66% increase in sales.
When we talk about tests, most people love to fixate on tactical tests like split-tested subject lines, opt-in forms, pricing pages, etc.
But there are even cooler tests.
Like how to increase your gym attendance by 300%.
Or how to talk to women at a bar.
Or how to floss your teeth, be happier, or increase your energy level.
The beautiful part about these tests is you can make one simple tweak and see massive results.
Think about it…
What if you could make one small tweak to your business and radically improve profits. Wouldn’t you want to know what that tweak was?
Or think about your social life. What if you could radically boost how much you impress people when you’re meeting someone at a bar or event by changing just one word? (Hint: This is why you never hear me describe myself as a writer.)
Or think about your health. Everyone SAYS they should go to the gym more often. What if you could triple your gym attendance with one embarrassingly simple step?
This isn’t hyperbole, you weirdos. These are all real tests I’ve personally run that deliver real results…over and over.
Now I want to share them with you.
- BJ Fogg, one of my mentors and the director of the Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab and founder of TinyHabits
- Neil Strauss, NYT bestselling author of The Game
- Noah Kagan, Chief Sumo at AppSumo.com, the store for entrepreneurs
- Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint and founder of MarksDailyApple.com
- Nicholas Kho, co-founder of RSDNation.com and Real Social Dynamics
- Neil Patel, co-founder of CrazyEgg.com and KISSmetrics.com
- Paras Chopra, founder of VisualWebsiteOptimizer.com
- Ryan W. Johnson, founder of MasterTheCraft.com
- Jordan Reasoner, co-founder of SCDLifestyle.com
- Mike Williams, founder of Mementum.org
- Scott Young, founder of ScottHYoung.com
- Sarah Hughes, co-founder of Intelligent.ly
- Josh Kaufman, bestselling author of The Personal MBA and founder of PersonalMBA.com.
I collected all their favorite tests into an ebook.
Oh yeah: The ebook is free for you.
I could have charged a pretty nice amount and easily made this a 6-figure day. I could have even price-tested it!
But there are some things that are just right to do. I want to share this with you, for free, because I want you to see the power of REAL tests. Of knowing that a testing mentality means it’s OK to fail over and over (e.g., I have a “Failures” tab in Gmail, and if I’m not adding at least 5 failures/month, I’m not trying enough).
But there is one thing I ask: In exchange for making this free, I want you to apply just ONE of these tests to your life. When you see that they work, I know you’ll see the power of starting to test everything. If you can commit to using one test, please download the ebook with my compliments. But if you simply want to treat this as intellectual entertainment — as something you skim and discard — then let’s not waste each other’s time.
One last thing: Some hear “tests” and zone out. They get bad flashbacks to school. These delusional weirdos are completely missing the point. Tests don’t mean chalkboards and bad grades. They mean taking your assumptions and trying a few different approaches, and simply recording what works and what doesn’t.
You can test your eating…your spending…your approach with men/women…your gym attendance…almost ANYTHING.
And in this book, you’ll get a shortcut to a few life tests you can use TODAY.
All for you. All free. It’s my special thanks for reading I Will Teach You To Be Rich.
Little Life Experiments