It’s real estate week
July 25th, 2005 - 2 Comments
Lots of people ask me about real-estate investing, but frankly I don’t know enough to be able to give any detailed advice on it. But Owen Johnson does, and he’s agreed to write a week-long series on real estate.
Quick background on Owen: He is an entrepreneur and real estate investor.
He founded his first company, Interdimensions Corporation, in late 1995. During his seven years there, Owen created and managed a high-growth service organization which doubled its revenues and size yearly for three years running, growing to sixty employees. In addition to Interdimensions, Owen has founded two non-profit organizations.
His current venture is Investment Instruments Corporation, the creator of iiProperty.com,
an online system to help residential real estate investors manage their properties.
For the past five years Owen has been purchasing and managing residential real estate. He regularly mentors aspiring entrepreneurs and real estate investors, and is the author of Existence.com – an entrepreneur’s blog.
He holds an S.B. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT and is a licensed Realtor.
We’re going to get right into it! And be sure to check back every day for the latest update to the series.
THE WEEKLONG SERIES OF REAL ESTATE BASICS
1. The Real Scoop on Real Estate. High level preparation for real estate investing.
2. Starting Down the Real Estate Investment Path. Understand your credit score, determine financing options, find a realtor, find a lawyer.
3. The Transaction Mechanics. Explanation of the common pieces of a real estate transaction.
4. A Primer on Real Estate Agency. Buyer’s, seller’s and sub-agency.
5. Leveraging Yourself to Grow Your Wealth. An intro to leverage in the real estate world.
6. Management Infrastructure. Tools I currently use to manage my real estate.
7. Week in Review. List of action items from the week with new ones.
All of his works are distributed under a Creative Commons License.
Alright, today is the beginning of an entirely new chapter of IWT. I just got back from a last-minute weekend ...Read More