I’m hiring an iwillteachyoutoberich sysadmin
[Edit]: I’ve received tons of applications. Thanks! This is now closed.
On the subject of earning more money on the side, I’m hiring a contract sysadmin for iwillteachyoutoberich.
- Have experience with high-traffic sites and *nix systems
- Be reliable and available to help when stuff breaks
I need someone who can:
- Ensure blog is optimized, sustaining heavy traffic from sites like Yahoo/Digg and handling thousands of concurrent viewers to my Ustream video show (embedded on the blog)
- Migrate all static media (images, videos, etc) to Amazon S3
- Do advanced caching/asset packaging if necessary
- Streamline the blog backup process
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Understands asset packaging and can help recommend ways to improve the code of the site
Please do NOT apply if:
- You’ve only managed your mom’s blog or a site with only 500-1,000 visitors/day
- You are a programmer pretending to be a sysadmin
- This is a paid contract position
- Time requirement: Initial work, plus ~5 hours/week ongoing
If you’re qualified, please fill this out:
[EDIT]: NOW CLOSED
My friend wrote a fascinating post on when quitting is the RIGHT thing to do: http://founderdating.com/silicon-valleys-best-kept-secret-why-quitting-is-winning/ So ...Read More
Yesterday, I asked you to tell me about the most awkward person you know. My god. The stories were amazing. ...Read More