I’m hiring an iwillteachyoutoberich sysadmin
1 Comment- Get free updates of new posts here
[Edit]: I’ve received tons of applications. Thanks! This is now closed.
On the subject of earning more money on the side, I’m hiring a contract sysadmin for iwillteachyoutoberich.
- Have experience with high-traffic sites and *nix systems
- Be reliable and available to help when stuff breaks
I need someone who can:
- Ensure blog is optimized, sustaining heavy traffic from sites like Yahoo/Digg and handling thousands of concurrent viewers to my Ustream video show (embedded on the blog)
- Migrate all static media (images, videos, etc) to Amazon S3
- Do advanced caching/asset packaging if necessary
- Streamline the blog backup process
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Understands asset packaging and can help recommend ways to improve the code of the site
Please do NOT apply if:
- You’ve only managed your mom’s blog or a site with only 500-1,000 visitors/day
- You are a programmer pretending to be a sysadmin
- This is a paid contract position
- Time requirement: Initial work, plus ~5 hours/week ongoing
If you’re qualified, please fill this out:
[EDIT]: NOW CLOSED
This month kicked off an entirely new era for IWT (more info below) and lots of cool things you won't ...Read More
Do you know what’s better than memorizing a long list of interview questions you might be asked? Answer: Learning ...Read More