I’m back from vacation, some links I’m reading
13 Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
I’m back from India!
I had a great time in Delhi and Mumbai, and I’ll probably post some of my photos/thoughts a little later. I was also lucky enough to meet up with a few readers (here’s Ranjan’s writeup on meeting me), so thank you to everyone who met up and said hello.
While I’m catching up on stuff, here are some links that caught my attention recently.
- Some women don’t go see their doctor because they’ll be weighed in public. Clueless comments include “Why don’t they just say no?” and “Do something to change it.” As I’ve written, food and weight are similar to personal finance. This is a classic Failure of the Last Mile.
- Great overview of why timeshares are a stupid scam.
- The Entrepreneurship Myth. Author dispels myths about entrepreneurship. You make less $ than working in a company, it’s riskier, and your chances of success depend primarily on the market you enter. Fascinating stuff. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE STARTING ANYTHING.
- What to do if you’re laid off in the 2008 recession. Scoble’s brilliant post on what to do if you’re laid off. We should be doing this anyway.
- Sad, eye-opening article on the plight of American homeowners who got in over their head. This chart shows that the worst is yet to come — a lot worse.
I found a woman who writes research papers for people on Fiverr. For $5, she’ll take your assignment, dig ...Read More
Most copywriting advice is bullshit. Copy gurus swear by blinking buttons, scarcity tricks, and bold, red headlines like this: ...Read More