As much as possible, I like to have other people do my work for me. So if you’re trying to find a doctor (a hellish process that I despise and curse), I asked my virtual assistant to find it for me. Use this script if you’re looking for anything similar.
Please set up these appointments on Monday morning (12/17), when the doctors’ offices open.
Please set up the following medical appointments for me:
1. A dental appointment (annual checkup)
2. An eye checkup (annual checkup)
WHERE TO LOOK
* Please look up doctors on http://www.bluecrossca.com — my doctor must accept my medical insurance (Blue Cross PPO — Lumenos)
* Then cross-reference the doctors’ names on yelp.com to find doctors with positive reviews
* Call the doctors to see which doctors are available for checkups on the below dates
* Please confirm with the doctors that, as a member of Blue Cross Lumenos PPO, I will have 100% exam coverage (dental exam) and a $15 co-pay (vision exam)
WHEN I’M AVAILABLE
* December 17, 18, 19, 21, 27, 28
* 8am – 11am PST and 4pm-7pm PST
* Located near the ZIP code of XXXXX
A few things:
1. Yes, you have to be extremely specific
2. Please don’t say, “In the time it took you to write that, you could have done it yourself!” That’s just dumb
3. For my virtual admin, I use AskSunday.com but you can use anyone you want. Also try Craigslist or eLance
4. I got the idea from the 4-Hour Workweek. Read my review or just buy the book
4. Tim Ferriss wrote an insanely detailed checklist for his VAs
Do you know your actual earning potential?
Get started with the Earning Potential quiz. Get a custom report based on your unique strengths, and discover how to start making extra money — in as little as an hour.
Takes 3 min