Building Business Mastery as an Artist — with Chase Jarvis
17 Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
A couple years ago, I did a 90-minute interview with Chase Jarvis, one of the world’s best artists and photographers. It’s free and it contains some of my best, most hard-hitting material on psychology, persuasion, and marketing, so I hope you check it out sometime.
I intentionally did this video for free because, while I keep most of my best material in my premium courses, sometimes I want to share what I’ve learned with a wider audience. I also hid at least 7 secret strategies in the video. Can you spot them?
One of the cool things about running this business is I get to bring you the best of the best — authors, world-famous artists, Olympic trainers, psychology experts…and on and on.
When I meet the best, I always want to know how they did it. I believe the #1 person in a market knows 100x what the #2 person knows. They’ve been to the top of the mountain, and they can share the path to getting there.
And today, I get to do exactly that with one of the masters. This time, I asked Chase Jarvis into my studio and sat him down to ask the toughest questions on mastery, expertise, and becoming the best.
How do you stand out when there are a thousand other artists who would take your place for 1/10 the price? How do you get hired by Lady Gaga, how do you charge hundreds of thousands of dollars for one photo, how do you hang out the side of a helicopter and get paid for it?
How do you become the best?
Chase isn’t just a photographer and an artist. He’s also the founder of CreativeLIVE, a company I was so impressed with, I invested in it.
So I invited Chase into my studio to explain the intricate psychology behind positioning, marketing and selling your art (whether you’re a writer, an analyst, even a marketing coordinator, we all “sell” our services every day) — including how you too can become highly-paid and sought after in your field.
Here’s a sneak peek:
In the full interview, you’ll learn:
- How to relate to prospective clients so that they immediately move you to the top of their “mental list”
- How to gather the courage to break out on your own and start working as an artist
- A subtle technique to determine instantly whether you’ve charged the right price for your work (the client won’t even know it’s happening)
- The “magic words” that buyers say when they are really interested in hiring you
- How to position yourself as high-value so that you get paid what you’re worth– even if you’re still working on your technical skills
- How to know whether you should launch your business or you should get more experience first
- A simple positioning trick that will make even a premium price point trivial and bring clients rushing to your door
This interview is part of my Brain Trust program, where each month I unveil a new interview with my personal mentors, advisors, and confidants each month. Each month, you get access to these private interviews, plus a community of 1,000+ top IWT students. Find 1-on-1 accountability partners, meet other IWT readers in your city, and stop consuming information…and start taking action.
The Brain Trust program is closed right now. If you’re interested in getting on the wait list and getting the full interview, add yourself here:
I’m always surprised when I hear that people on Reddit and YouTube don’t hate me. They usually hate ...Read More
Tonight, I’m giving a live presentation on finding your Dream Job. I noticed you haven’t signed up yet, ...Read More