Announcing the I Will Teach You To Be Rich Boot Camp
November 02nd, 2009 - 26 Comments
Over the last week, you’ve seen examples of people using my strategies to:
- Negotiate an $8,000 salary increase + 50% more equity
- Save tens of thousands of dollars
- Learn more using entrepreneurship
- Travel around the world, and
- Automate their money so they don’t worry about day-to-day finances
Today I’m announcing the I Will Teach You To Be Rich Boot Camp to take ACTION.
The Manifest Destiny Problem: “More is Better”
Have you noticed how lots of people always want more and more information, but rarely implement what they already have? A couple years ago, I started realizing how lots of personal-finance readers were constantly asking for more and more information — more blog posts, more book reviews, more financial magazines — but would often just READ, not take action.
To put it bluntly, I have lots of friends who read blog post after blog post, but have STILL not automated their money, started investing, or even put together an aggressive plan to pay off debt.
I’ve done the same with fitness books and SAT books, so I know that the solution isn’t “more,” but actually using what you have.
And it takes acknowledging that there are profound barriers between reading and DOING. The Boot Camp is designed to crush those barriers and force you to take action on your finances in just 6 weeks.
For example, I have a very successful friend who’s been overpaying for health insurance by a few hundred dollars for months. Why? Because he has to fax in one form….and he doesn’t have a fax machine. It’s a barrier that’s costed him thousands of unnecessary dollars. And while it’s easy to dismiss him as lazy — which he’s not — look inwards: There are things we “know” you need to do, but we still don’t do them.
Hit the gym? Clean the garage. Automate finances.
Instead, we look for more and more information as if that’ll solve it. This is the Manifest Destiny problem that we all have. “What’s the newest tip? Did that blog update? What are the 21 Ways I Should ____???”
The truth is that while the strategies and tactics matter, the point is not reading — it’s getting off our asses and implementing them.
About the Boot Camp
The I Will Teach You To Be Rich Boot Camp is a 6-week program that will help you automate your finances, pick the right accounts, begin investing, create a bulletproof plan to crush debt, and let you automate the day-to-day so you can focus on the things you REALLY care about:
- Spending money, guilt-free, on the things you love
- Hanging out with friends and family
- Earning more
- Focusing on getting out of the rat race
Each week, you’ll get material on credit cards, picking the right accounts, negotiation, investing, automation, and more. You’ll get lots of material from my book, so how is this Boot Camp different than simply reading my (or any) personal-finance book?
1. Live & personal Q&A from me each week. In addition to the weekly curriculum, I’ll be doing live webcasts each week, answering your SPECIFIC questions on money, debt, automation, and more.
2. Not just money — entrepreneurship and psychology. Each week, I’ll give a mini-talk on an entrepreneurial topic like “Managing Virtual Assistants” or “Productivity for Entrepreneurs.” I’ll cover psychological techniques and barriers and show how to apply them to YOUR situation.
3. Guest speakers on entrepreneurship. I’ve invited guest speakers like Charlie Hoehn (Recession Proof Graduate author), Pamela Slim, and Penelope Trunk to talk about topics like marketing, pricing, finding your dream job, and more. You’ll get 1 hour with each of them, live, on a webcast where you can ask questions and get specific answers.
4. A community of other people who are investing in themselves. We’ve put together a private community site where you’ll be able to exchange the best techniques you’ve used, which techniques to AVOID, and how you’ve paid off debt, earned more, automated, started side businesses, and more. Imagine a close-knit group of community members where you can ask personal questions and get meaningful answers. A group where everyone wants to be there — and support each other.
The most important difference in all of this is ACTION. Not only will you read, you’ll be surrounded by hundreds of other people who believe in paying for value and investing in themselves to automate their finances.
Here’s why the Boot Camp is worth it: Beyond forcing you to take action, if you optimize even one $20/month subscription, you’ll more than pay for the program. If you discover one leak in your financial system, you’ll probably get positive ROI that very day. And if you discover one psychological technique, automation tactic, or entrepreneurial idea to apply to your finances or life, it would be well worth it. Just ONE.
Now, obviously this isn’t right for everyone. If you’ve read my book, taken the advice, fully automated your finances, cut costs, began earning more, optimized spending, and handled day-to-day finances and relationship issues, then you can probably skip this. Or if you’ve done it on your own, that’s excellent — congratulations.
But if you could use some help to take action — to get a little nudge of help, to meet other people in your situation who have invested in themselves — then the Boot Camp will help you kickstart your finances in 6 weeks. If you think you could benefit from new psychological techniques and guest speakers on entrepreneurship, I’d love to have you.
That’s because this won’t be passive. It’s ACTIVE: I’ll email you each week with course material. I’ll be on your ass to get it done. And I’ll constantly show you how others are succeeding by taking strategic shortcuts, working smart, and leveraging others’ winning techniques.
6 weeks of work for a lifetime of automation.
Three questions to ask yourself
- We spend money on movies, going out, subscriptions…when was the last time you invested in yourself?
- If you knew you could try this out as a trial, would you? Good news: I offer a 30-day money-back guarantee
- It’s OK if this Boot Camp isn’t the right fit for you, but I encourage you to make a plan to meaningfully take your finances to the next level before the end of the year. Whether it’s this or something else, please get it done and start 2010 off fresh. And you can’t just put it off: No decision is a decision
I’ve written up details, along with the specific curriculum, guest speakers, price, and an easy way to sign up here:
Join the Boot Camp: http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/bootcamp
Registration closes on Friday, November 6th, and since this price is for the pioneer class only, next time I run this, the price will at least double.
If there is one thing I have learned in my decades on this earth, it is this: Beware of a ...Read More
I believe you can learn from ANYONE -- even if you don’t agree with 100% of their views. Years ...Read More