3 things I’m reading
8 Comments- Get free updates of new posts here
Quick post. I wanted to share 3 quick tidbits that I thought you’d enjoy today. Nothing to sell. Just some of my favorite things I’ve stumbled across recently.
1. The trouble with snooze buttons. How many times do you hit the snooze button in the morning? Here’s the science behind why we do it and how “just 10 more minutes” actually makes us feel more tired.
2. What’s your secret that could literally ruin your life if it came out? These are awesome/horrifying/fascinating. Perfect for Christmas
3. The merchants of average. Every time I get an email with someone telling me, “Ramit, I like your stuff but please don’t curse” or “Ramit, please don’t insult your readers…you can be a lot nicer,” I think of this post. The world wants us to be vanilla, and the world pushes us to be average. How can you use this in the new year?
And here are a couple in-depth interviews I did recently to check out:
1. New interview with Jay Abraham: One of my mentors is Jay Abraham, a true legend who understands business and marketing better than almost anyone else. (Last year, I flew from NYC to Los Angeles, once/month for 15 months, just to get 45 minutes with him each month.) He interviewed me on his radio show, and I thought you might like to hear it. If you’re thinking about starting a business, we dig into the psychology behind it.
2. Just-released interview with Pat Flynn: I talked to Pat Flynn of the Smart Passive Income Podcast about the psychology of pricing, marketing, and dealing with negative people.
If you want to read more, check out my newsletter, where I post my best material (that’s never published publicly).
Sometimes, you get the most interesting insights from places you wouldn’t expect. Years ago, Tim Ferriss invited me to ...Read More