Here is one of the most common questions I get about starting a side business (that makes me want to bludgeon myself to death with a sledgehammer):
“Ramit, you say you can help people start a side business, but all the examples you give are people with tech/design skills. I don’t have those, so YOUR PROGRAM CAN’T WORK FOR ME. CAN IT??”
Please. How do I put this politely?
YOU CAN START A SIDE BUSINESS USING THE WEIRDEST, MOST UNEXPECTED SKILLS ON EARTH.
The point is you don’t have to be a programmer or even tech-savvy to make money using your skills. In fact, if you look at some of my Earn1K students, many of them do totally offbeat things — and earn thousands of dollars a month.
So I want to ask you to challenge yourself by answering these 3 questions:
- What’s something I’ve paid for that’s offbeat or weird? (For example, is it “weird” to pay money for dinner at a restaurant…when you could theoretically cook it yourself? Or a cobbler to repair your shoes? Or a tutor for college physics?)
- What’s something your friends say you’re great at? Examples: Great at relationships, great at keeping your apartment organized, really good at interior design.
- Assuming you had all the knowledge in the world and had conquered all psychological barriers, do you think you could get 3 people — just 3 — to pay you for your skills?
We ALL have skills that can earn us money on the side.
I’m going to show you how to identify the skills you already have that can be turned into cash — and how to get started quickly and without risk — in my mini-class this week.
There’s still time to join this free 1-hour class.
Mini-class: How to turn your existing skills into $1,000/month — or more
Here are the details:
I’m reserving time on this webinar for a live Q&A, so if you have questions about earning money on the side, bring them to me and I’ll try to answer them. Sorry, no recordings.
Just 3 of the many things you’ll learn:
- 3 techniques you can immediately use to “cash in” on your skills and earn $1,000/month and more
- How to use a systematic approach to go from no idea (or too many ideas) to a profitable side business
- The 3 traps we fall into when trying to earn extra money on the side, and how to sidestep them